Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Moving Men Furniture Sliders



Description
There are only two things this modern cave man hates more then moving furniture. One is nuclear war. The second is… well that does not matter. Lets get back to the topic at hand. Moving Furniture.

Sometimes I need to get the vacuum behind the couch. Sometimes (practically ever other week) my wife decides to move all the furniture in the home. The result is always the same. I end up pushing a sideboard, hutch, entertainment unit or couch. Well I got to thinking that there has got to be a better way….

On a side note.... I use the phrase “Well I got to thinking that there has got to be a better way” in a lot of my reviews….

Well I was at my local big box store enjoying my walk down the as seen on tv isle when low and behold, the solution to my problem was right in front of me.

“Make Moving Heavy Furniture Childes Play”

Want to rearrange the living room, dust behind your bookshelf, or move that king size bed? Then it's time to get some Moving Men - the furniture sliders that make moving seem easy. Just slip a moving men under each leg of your furniture, and even the heaviest and largest pieces slide along effortlessly!

Scientifically Designed:
Each Moving Men is made of a highly polished polymer and fitted with a special cushion grip pad
Moving Men slide across carpeting like skis on snow
Even a loaded bookcase practically floats along
Move living room furniture and bedroom furniture with ease. With Moving Men, you can move entire entertainment centers without rewiring. Move loaded bookcases without removing a single book. Move heavy appliances with ease. Kit includes: 4 giant furniture sliders, and 4 mini sliders. Re-arrange your living room in just a few minutes. Move to a new home or apartment without having to ask your friends for help.

What It Costs $12.95 (S&H of $5.95) – I got mine at the store so I did not pay any shipping and handling charges.

Ease of use 4 Stars
To use these you need to put one under each leg of the furniture. This requires that you lift the corner and slide the slider under the leg. That takes a bit of coordination if you are doing the moving alone. However, once you have the sliders in place, moving the furniture is a breeze.

Of course if you dont have fancy furnature with legs on it or with one leg missing (thinking back to my college days... Ahh good times) then you might have other issues.

Actual performance 5 Stars
This works well on both carpet and wood floors. I found that if I tip the furniture slightly it is easier to position each slider. Once the furniture is on the slider, its easy to move by pushing.

Final thoughts on practicality
This is one of those pleasant surprises. So simple and yet so effective. Unfortunately you can’t use these to move items up or down stairs. Also if you have a raised threshold, you may have problems getting the sliders across it.

I am going to use these when I paint my bedroom in a few weeks. Moving my bed is quite difficult due to its size and weight. I was dreading the thought but now I am eager to give it a go.

Final Score
5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I also have magiglide that I'm using to move the heavy furniture's in our house. I can't believe I can do this task alone.

    ReplyDelete

Save A Blade

Save A Blade

100 shaves on one blade! Click on the link and read about it.
This has been the most controversial reviews I have done. People are quite passionate on the Save A Blade so be sure to check out the comments.

Ad by Google

Ad by Chitika